Are you trying to put your van up for sale? The process of selling a vehicle can be incredibly daunting and confusing. It helps if you are equipped with all the essential information regarding your vehicle, such as its value, repair history, cost of the parts, etc. Knowing the worth of your van can ensure that you make the most of your sale. But that’s not the only reason why it’s important to know the value of your van.
In this piece, we will list down 6 reasons that signify the importance of knowing your van’s worth:
Know what to expect
The main reason why it’s important to find out your van’s worth is because it tells you what you should expect in return when you sell or trade in your van. Consequently, it helps you ascertain which type of vehicle you would be able to afford in case you decide to trade in.
You can put the money you get from selling your van for down payment on another van, truck, SUV, or car. A down payment can increase your chances of getting a loan approval as well. One crucial thing to remember about a van’s trade in is that the older your vehicle gets, the more it will depreciate in value. This means that over time its selling price may decrease.
In order to determine your van’s value, a technician will perform an in-depth mechanical inspection of your vehicle. This will determine your van’s current condition, previous malfunctions and repairs, and other relevant details. These details will come in handy if and when you decide to sell your vehicle, especially if your van is in good condition. It will assure the buyer that they are getting a good deal, and the vehicle they are purchasing is worth the price and fully running.
Although it may look like van valuation costs money, but in the long run, you can chalk it up to cost savings. Finding the value of your van involves a thorough inspection by a professional. This means that they will identify your vehicle’s weaknesses, the ones that are not easily noticeable, and inform you about them. This will save you from spending unexpected money on repairs that you haven’t budgeted. If the issues with your van are not critical, you can even wait for some time and then get the repairs done to suit your budget.
Another option is to visit our website and get a free valuation of your van. Once you enter the required details on the site, our technicians will visit you for the van inspection. After the examination is complete, we will tell you the worth of your van. If you like the quote, you can sell it to us.
Confirmation of the van’s equipment
The inspection of the van ensures that all the equipment and functions are working as they should. This includes its automatic and manual features, safety features, and the interior and exterior condition of the vehicle. A well-functioning van will definitely have a higher value, and you can always use this information to your advantage when you are selling the vehicle.
Inspires confidence and trust
As a seller, if you know what your van is worth, you can close the deal quickly without any regrets. At the same moment, you can even get a car valuation certificate and show it to the buyer. It inspires confidence and trust that the car they are purchasing has been inspected and sold for appropriate market value.
Gives you a bargaining chip
Once a technician inspects your van to find its value, they will present you with a detailed report stating the condition of the van and its present market value, in addition to the repair bills. As a seller, this will empower you with the right knowledge that will help you secure the best possible deal for your van. It will also widen the buyers’ pool for you and give you multiple options.
Now that we have shed some light on the importance of knowing the value of your van, let us tell you about the factors that affect your van’s value:
- Age: the age of the vehicle is one of the prime factors that affects its cost. Generally, age depreciates a van’s value. Nonetheless, if the vehicle is vintage, its value will increase over time.
- Mileage: the broad-spectrum view is that the higher the mileage, the lower will be the van’s value. That is because more mileage means that your vehicle’s parts have suffered more wear and tear.
- Make and model: experts say that popular models are easier to sell off in the used-car market. And although it’s not guaranteed that your van will retain its value, sticking with us can be a safe bet.
- Transmission: in general, new automatics are expensive. The result is an increase in the van’s value.
- Color: it may look like an irrelevant factor, but the van’s color can impact its worth. Research shows that vehicles that have standard colors have higher demand and hence sell for more. Similarly, bold colored vans attract higher prices, but it may be difficult to find a buyer for them.
- Condition: this goes without saying. If your van is in good condition, it will fetch in more money. Things like sticky fingers, claw marks from pets, or smoking can depreciate the value of your vehicle. Same goes for the van’s exterior. Scratches, dents, rust spots and things like that put a dent to its value as well. Regularly servicing your van and maintaining a logbook can increase its worth.
Get the best deal for your van with us!
Are you ready to sell your van? We can make the selling procedure easier for you. With free valuation and vehicle pickup service, we can make your van selling process a breeze! Want to discover more about us and our process? Give us a call at 020 7183 2311.